The good news is this movie isn’t the abomination the prognosticators predicted. It’s funny, which is all that matters and yes, it’s pretty dumb. No, it’s not destined for instant classic status, but it doesn’t tarnish the Ghostbusters name — Ghostbusters II already did that years ago.
- Cast makes up for cliches
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Cast Makes up for ClichesPosted 5 days ago
The Magnificent Seven is flawed and full of cliches but the cast is fun enough to make it an enjoyable trip to the wild, wild west.
- Fancy remake skips scary stuff
- ‘Blair Witch’ fancy remake skips scary stuffPosted 12 days ago
Blair Witch is pretty much a roided up remake of the original, except it's not scary.
- Hanks boosts Sully
- Solid Hanks boosts ‘Sully’ flight statusPosted 19 days ago
Sully is good, just not great. But thanks to another fantastic performance from Tom Hanks, it's a promising start to awards season.
- Southside With Who?
- ‘Southside With You’ Decent But LackingPosted 31 days ago
'Southside With You' is an engaging, interesting peek into the lives of two influential people, played by a couple of actors who do a superb job slipping into characters much…
- 'Hell Or High Water'
- ‘Hell Or High Water’ Runs DeepPosted 41 days ago
But from its nerve-racking opening, through a series of darkly comedic bank heists, and all the way to its quiet climax, Hell Or High Water is a tightly constructed film…