So no, Demoltion isn’t really a good film, but it shines at its most core element.
- Mixed Bag of Jones
- ‘Free State of Jones’: Well-Intentioned With Mixed ResultsPosted 2 days ago
Free State of Jones is not a 100% historically accurate snapshot in time—it has epic span and portrays Knight’s myth through the lens of today’s social climate.
- And Away Viggo
- SIFF 2016: A Tribute to Viggo MortensenPosted 11 days ago
The sold-out event saw Mr. Mortensen receive his SIFF career achievement award as well, and amounted to a brilliant send-off to a festival that clearly saved the best for last.…
- Feel the Berns
- SIFF 2016: ‘Bang! The Bert Berns Story’ Movie ReviewPosted 15 days ago
'Bang! The Bert Berns Story' is a documentary about the eccentric, troubled, brilliant songwriter/music producer, and despite the fact that it is the work of an obvious ally (Berns’ son,…
- The Sour of Babel
- SIFF 2016: ‘Finding Babel’ Movie ReviewPosted 16 days ago
At a time when Russia is once again rattling its international sabre, and clamping down on civil liberties, a documentary exploring one Soviet writer’s persecution at the hands of Stalin…
- Viva La Vanite!
- SIFF 2016: ‘Vanity’ (La Vanité) Movie ReviewPosted 18 days ago
Currently playing at the Seattle International Film Festival, Vanity is by far the best film playing there right now, and shouldn’t be missed by anyone who has 75 minutes to…