There are a few hard-nosed, pointed remarks from Hawking—one of the most brilliant minds of the century—and very few truly selfish moments, despite the fact that even as a purely inspirational figure, he’s earned them. The same goes for Jones’ Jane, whose sacrifices just keep piling up. This renders the portrayals, however remarkable the performances are, too saintly and mawkish.
- Coming All Over
- Kitschy 1981 3D ‘Comin’ at Ya!’ Uses Unapologetic GimmickPosted 24 hours ago
A kitschy 1981 3D movie is restored and re-released in theaters for a slow rollout across the country.
- 'Wild' Rocks
- ‘Wild’ One-Ups the Self-Discovery Genre by Being Real, YoPosted 2 days ago
"Wild" breaks the mold of other trip-as-self-discovery films with a refreshing honesty.
- A Long-Expected Finale
- A Long-Expected ‘Hobbit’ Finale DeliversPosted 6 days ago
The third and final entry in The Hobbit trilogy is by far the strongest of the three. It gives a faithful and lovingly-crafted foray into Middle Earth for fans of…
- Jennifer Kent Talks 'The Babadook'
- Scene Stealers’ Interview with Jennifer Kent Director of ‘The Babadook’Posted 9 days ago
Trey Hock had the chance to chat with writer and director Jennifer Kent about her new film The Babadook which is in theaters this Friday.
- Top Five
- Rock’s ‘Top Five’ works more than it doesn’tPosted 9 days ago
Chris Rock makes his writing/directing debut in Top Five, a showbiz romantic comedy that is loose, sometimes broad and often hilarious.