The satire is still there, albeit not as angry and way more obvious, and the targets have shifted ever so slightly to keep up with current events. Had the film been a carbon copy, though, there would have been no point in making it.
- Jodorowsky's Dune
- True/False Film Fest 2014: ‘Jodorowsky’s Dune’Posted 12 hours ago
Unfortunately the weather made True/False Fest end on a chilly note. With temperatures at a high of 12 degrees, freezing rain, and some snow fall you didn't see as big…
- 'Oldboy' Blu-ray Review
- ‘Oldboy’ Blu-ray Has Some Spike Lee DNA, But Doesn’t TranslatePosted 3 days ago
The only shock that registered when Spike Lee's Oldboy was released in theaters was at how little money it made. It shows just how far violence in the movies has…
- Private Violence
- True/False Film Fest 2014: ‘Private Violence’ and ‘Ukraine is Not a Brothel’Posted 4 days ago
Directed by Cynthia Hill, Private Violence is one of the most heart-wrenching documentaries that I have seen at True/False Fest this year.
- True/False Fest 2014
- True/False Film Fest 2014: ‘Rich Hill’ and ‘Captivated: The Trials of Pamela Smart’Posted 5 days ago
True/False Film Fest, which started Thursday night and runs through the weekend, is definitely the best place to see new documentaries that you may not be able to see anywhere…
- Boys Solve Problems?
- A Sweet, but Talentless Virgin Finds Love in ‘Adult World’Posted 7 days ago
College life is easy, and the real world is hard but rewarding. That’s about all we learn in the new film Adult World a by-the-numbers college-to-adulthood story with a capable…