At the height of the Cold War, the chilling thought that we couldn’t tell the enemy from ourselves was too much to for audiences, who turned a cold shoulder to The Manchurian Candidate. Now that’s its on Criterion Blu-ray, don’t make the same mistake.
- 'Louder Than Bombs'
- ‘Louder Than Bombs’ But Just as PowerfulPosted 8 days ago
There are a few scenes that are over-the-top and dramatic for the sake of being dramatic, but ultimately, the film delivers with its message that labels are only as important…
- 'Son of Saul' Blu-ray
- ‘Son of Saul’ Offers a Truly Original Depiction of The Holocaust on Blu-rayPosted 11 days ago
Son of Saul is a one-of-a kind immersive experience that gives stark glimpses of death-camp murder and madness with a frightening frankness.
- Brief Encounter Criterion
- Criterion Blu-ray of David Lean’s ‘Brief Encounter’ is ExquisitePosted 11 days ago
'Brief Encounter' is David Lean's exquisite romantic drama that seems simple on the surface, but even in the face of the extra-marital affair at is heart, it has a heightened…
- Everybody Wants Some!!
- ‘Everybody Wants Some!!’ and Why Not?Posted 22 days ago
Richard Linklater’s latest puts an idea that Hollywood has never been able to crack on full display: that masculinity doesn’t have to be toxic and bros can show you a…
- Demolished Potential
- ‘Demolition’ is a Waste of PotentialPosted 23 days ago
So no, Demoltion isn’t really a good film, but it shines at its most core element.