Uncomfortable Jason Sudeikis Interview

by Eric Melin on August 27, 2008

in Features

Jason Sudeikis (“30 Rock,” “Saturday Night Live”) is so good as the rock-band manager in the new movie “The Rocker” that he pretty much steals the show. Being rockers ourselves, we wanted to do something a little different than the normal junket interview. Sudeikis was in town promoting “The Rocker” (starring Rainn Wilson), so we ambushed the comedy star with a homegrown rock n’ roll quiz to see how much of his portrayal was a result of Method acting. As it turns out, this didn’t quite go exactly as planned. This is probably the last time we try to quiz a movie star. Yikes! Maybe we should just stick to the regular junket questions. Anyway, enjoy this very uncomfortable interview with Jason Sudeikis from a dirty hotel room somewhere in Kansas City.

Eric is the Editor-in-Chief of Scene-Stealers.com and writes the Screen Stealers column for The Pitch. He’s President of the KCFCC, and drummer for The Dead Girls and Ultimate Fakebook. He is also Air Guitar World Champion Mean Melin. Eric goes to 11. Follow him at:

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ YouTube

1 Kevin August 27, 2008 at 2:15 am

Is this for real?

2 Kevin August 27, 2008 at 2:15 am

Is this for real?

3 Josh August 27, 2008 at 8:09 am

Nice! I can easily say that Jason Sudeikis was the best part of “The Rocker” for me. Very funny, and definitely uncomfortable. Kevin, this has definitely got to be fake, no one guesses Elton John as an ex-Beatle (or i hope so at least).

4 Josh August 27, 2008 at 8:09 am

5 Kevin August 27, 2008 at 3:14 pm

Yeah, I sometimes lose my faith in humanity. Very funny stuff. Stryper was the best.

6 Kevin August 27, 2008 at 3:14 pm

7 ChrisKnudsen August 27, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Is this for real? If not, damn this is awkward.

8 ChrisKnudsen August 27, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Is this for real? If not, damn this is awkward.

9 ChrisKnudsen August 27, 2008 at 6:16 pm

Towards the end, there is no way that could be real. Elton John? Ha ha.

10 ChrisKnudsen August 27, 2008 at 6:16 pm

Towards the end, there is no way that could be real. Elton John? Ha ha.

11 Schuman August 27, 2008 at 6:55 pm

I have been out of it for way too long. This is some seriously funny shit!

12 Schuman August 27, 2008 at 6:55 pm

I have been out of it for way too long. This is some seriously funny shit!

13 Ashly August 28, 2008 at 6:59 pm

This has to be a joke.. now that i think about it i dont know any of the answers either except the beatles question, but damn that was really effin awkward!

14 Ashly August 28, 2008 at 6:59 pm

15 Clarence October 21, 2008 at 12:25 pm

Mr. Sudeikis’s response to the interviewers’ question about the Beatles is an homage to Pete Best, and that is funny. The list of U2 albums by the interviewer is an homage to a band that was started by its drummer. That’s funny. The interview is conducted by a drummer, and the movie “The Rocker” is about a drummer. All funny. Though I was mentioned, I was not uncomfortable. [Aside: Saying that one knows who Mandy Moore is, is what the A&R Guys might call "good business"]

16 Clarence October 21, 2008 at 12:25 pm

17 Trollking February 13, 2009 at 11:58 am

so Funny!! I didn’t know half of those either. Great stuff!

18 Trollking February 13, 2009 at 11:58 am

so Funny!! I didn’t know half of those either. Great stuff!